I’m making a departure from the norm for this Friday Five — instead of listing books I think you should read, I’m just going to list 5 random things that are in my room.
Why? Because it’s Friday Five and I can list whatever the hells I want.
- An unopened package of Rockets, sitting on my shrine to Aphrodite. (Yeah, they’re called Rockets in Canada because our Smarties are candy-covered chocolate. Geez, U.S.A., get it right. Actually, wait, no, you’re right enough already — get it left! Oh, political humour…never old.)
- A lampshade with my favorite quote from Romeo and Juliet written on it in gold paint. (“Give me my Romeo; and when he shall die/Take him and cut him out in little stars/And he will make the face of the heavens so fine/That all the world will be in love with night/And pay no worship to the garish sun.”) There are also little stars on the lampshade.
- Two bottles of water next to a huge bottle of Naproxen. (Chronic pain. It’s not fun.)
- A poster for Michael Jackson’s film This Is It.
- Two masks — one gifted to me years ago, green, and for decoration only. One I made in stagecraft class, modeled after M’Lady the Morrigan, which I will very occasionally wear in ritual, to invite Her to possess me.
I would love to see a personality profile made of me based on this one blog post.